Materials for your projects
Technology, innovation and collaborative research are generously supported in MV. Attractive support instruments of the state can be used for the establishment of a business site. For example, the acquisition and production costs of new fixed assets are subsidized. As a full-service provider, we support you in obtaining subsidies from MV and the EU. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Research and development
The plastics industry is undergoing change. Society and politics are demanding innovations that save resources and protect the environment. New approaches to the production and processing of plastics are therefore needed. Many institutions in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern are also pursuing this goal. The Institute for Polymer Technologies e. V ., for example, is developing such novel recycling methods for plastics. In the campaign "Plastics do not rust", the institute is concerned with the recycling and image of plastics. The Leibniz Institute for Plasma Research and Technology e. V. in Greifswald conducts research in the field of materials and surfaces. More than 40 laboratories are working on replacing conventional materials with plastic composites. At the University in Rostock, the Chair of Design Technology and Lightweight Construction is tinkering with new and further developments of materials. In addition, the researchers regularly investigate novel material concepts in order to be able to rely more on lightweight materials in the future. The department of organic chemistry at the university deals with modern synthesis processes of active and natural substances.
- Workforce and networks
Norkun - North German Plastics Network
- The network is the classic link between applied research and the 87 member companies.
- Promotion of cooperation between research and industry
- Transfer of research results into production
- Training of the next generation of skilled workers and university education
- Organizing colloquia and technology days
- Publications and trade fair presentations
State Advisory Council Wood Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
The Landesbeirat Holz MV is an initiative of the Ministry for Climate Protection, Agriculture, Rural Areas and Environment MV. The purpose of the Landesbeirat Holz is to promote the use of wood, especially of domestic wood. To this end, the State Advisory Council on Wood organizes regional and supra-regional joint activities to promote the use of wood.
The primary objectives of the State Advisory Council on Wood are as follows:
- Bundling of all initiatives to increase the use of wood in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- Creation of a network WOOD
- Presentation of the climate protection benefits through timber construction
- Positioning of wood as a competitive building and construction material
- Positioning of the value chain wood in the general public
- Construction and equipping of residential, commercial and public functional buildings in wood
- Economically and ecologically sensible living and working in timber buildings
- Cooperation with the universities and architects of the state
Wood Cluster Wismar
One of the largest and most modern wood processing centers in Europe has been created in the Haffeld industrial and commercial area. In addition to the maritime economy, the wood cluster has grown into one of the largest employers in the region with around 2,000 jobs.
- The connection to the seaport of Wismar enables the worldwide export of wood goods to international ports.
- More than two million cubic meters of wood are processed into preliminary and end products, building materials, laminate and pellets
- Synergy effects on the market
- High international recognition value
- Sawmill in the immediate vicinity
Whether space on the quayside, large sites or special properties - we offer you the ideal location to grow.
Areas from 10 €/m²
Your One-Stop-Shop Invest in MV
full servicefrom the first idea to the final implementation
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern offers ideal locations for companies from almost every industry. But every investment and expansion project brings with it special challenges. We master these for you and with you - free of charge, confidentially and effectively.
Dr. Elena Malieva
Holz/Papier, Tourismus, Österreich, Schweiz
+49 (160) 93 98 90 73
MV-Know-how & Branchen-Insights
Flächen und Immobilien für Ihr Projekt
Das Land der kurzen Wege
Kontakte, die weiterhelfen
Senden Sie eine Nachricht an Dr. Elena Malieva
Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Fragen und Anregungen. Füllen Sie einfach das nachfolgende Kontaktformular aus. Unsere Berater*innen melden sich innerhalb der nächsten drei Tage bei Ihnen, um alle weiteren Schritte zu besprechen. Wir freuen uns, Sie beraten zu dürfen!