Norkun - North German Plastics Network
- The network links applied research and its 87 member companies.
- Promotion of cooperation between research and industry
- Transfer of research results into production
- Training the next generation of skilled workers and university education
- Organizing conferences and technology days
- Publications and trade fair presentations
State Advisory Council on Wood Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
The Landesbeirat Holz MV is an initiative of the State Ministry for Climate Protection, Agriculture, Rural Areas and Environment. Its purpose is to promote the use of wood, especially of domestic wood, organizing regional and supra-regional joint activities
The primary objectives of the State Advisory Council on Wood are as follows:
- Bundling all initiatives to increase the use of wood in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- Creation of a WOOD network
- Presenting the climate protection benefits of timber construction
- Positioning wood as a competitive building and construction material
- Presenting the wood value chain to the general public
- Constructing and equipping residential, commercial and public functional buildings with wood
- Economic and ecological benefits of living and working in timber buildings
- Cooperation with universities and state architects
Wood Cluster Wismar
One of the largest and most modern wood processing centers in Europe has been created in the Haffeld industrial and commercial area, growing into one of the largest employers in the region with around 2,000 jobs.
- The proximity of the seaport of Wismar enables the worldwide export of wood products.
- More than 71m cubic feet (2m m3) of wood are processed into preliminary and end products, building materials, laminate and pellets
- Synergy effects in the market
- High international recognition
- Sawmills in the immediate vicinity